BSPGHAN Associate and Trainee Members' Meeting 27th - 28th September 2016, Alder Hey, Liverpool
Updated programme now available to view
Useful Information for PGHAN Trainees
Copy of curriculum from RCPCH website available here. Also available on the NHS eportfolio.
Copy of endoscopy curriculum- please see the endoscopy working group page for the most up-to-date information.
SPIN modules - aimed at trainees with an interest but could be useful for specialist trainees as well.
UEGW - on line endoscopy training, e learning training modules, mini courses and case of the month.
CICRA/NACC/Children's Liver disease Foundation/Coeliac UK- good for patient and family information, NACC has really useful patient information sheets and guide for teachers.
NICE - standards on biological use.
Dr Rachel Levi has been appointed as new Trainee Reprepresentative on the Endoscopy Working Group. To contact Rachel please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel has sent the following message to all trainees:
Please contact me with any issues or comments on your endoscopy training. In particular it would be great to get your feedback on the DOPS forms above.
Secondly, has anyone had any issues with the content of PDF summaries from JETS?
Finally - any comments on the endoscopy page of BSPGHAN website? https://bspghan.org.uk/working-groups/endoscopy
Rachel Levi e-mail email@example.com
JAG/JETS- JETS is the website where all endoscopies should be logged so trainee and trainer should be registered. Endoscopy DOPS should be logged on here and used for demonstrating development of skills in endoscopy. JAG useful to explain background and offers adult courses, paper copies of DOPs forms and information on assessment.
(see the Meetings and Courses pages for full details)
Specific Courses to attend:
- Upper GI endoscoy course, Sheffield
- Ileocolonoscopy course, Sheffield
- Interventional endoscopy course, Sheffield (Run annually)
- Wireless capsule endoscopy course
- IBD training academy- management training suitable for final year trainees
- BSG education weekend- run annually aimed at adult trainees, cheap and interesting topics
- RCPCH- How to manage courses- previous topics include nutrition
- Courses are run at GOS/ICH which we are offered a discounted rate
- ESPGHAN summer school
- Practical PN and Intestinal Rehabilitation course held annually at UCL