Children's Anorectal Physiology Service (CAPS) Training and Study Day. Click here for programme details
Children’s Anorectal Physiology Service (CAPS)
11 July 2019 to 12 July 2019Wingate Institute and Royal London Hospital
ESPGHAN Allied Health Professionals Summer School September 2019
12 September 2019 to 15 September 2019Oxford,, UK
Date: September 12–15, 2019, Oxford UK
Local organisers: Sarah Macdonald (UK) and Jackie Falconer (UK)
Target Audience: Dietitians, nurses and other AHP involved in pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition. No specific background is requested.
After the Summer School, participants should:
• Have an overview of the conditions covered with access to up to date literature/guidelines
• Have the chance to discuss how to practically deliver appropriate nutrition to these patients
• Have the chance to discuss their complex cases with the faculty/ other delegates in an interactive environment
Application Deadline: July 7, 2019 Registration fee 50 Euros
For full details view AHP Summer School flyer
BSPGHAN Research Working Group Gastro CSG Study Day
3 October 2019Firth Court, Sheffield
Thursday 3rd October 9a.m - 2p.m Firth Court,Sheffield In conjunction with Sheffield Children’s Hospital:
For the Attention of New Consultants, AHPS, Trainees
BSPGHAN Research Working Group invites all trainees, AHP and junior consultants, to attend an intensive, "Entry Level Research Training Day"
Whether you are interested in exploring a clinical or scientific question with a stand alone project, or whether you are looking to move in to a research career, this is an essential day for you. We will focus on the practical sequence of steps you need to take, and who will be able to help you in your locality Inspiration and encouragement are readily available on this day.
We will be joined by our colleagues (AHPS, trainees and junior consultants) from BSG, anaesthetics and BAPS.
Highlights of the day, "Prof Nick Bishop, VP for Research at RCPCH" talking on the Academic Toolkit and Lane Greene from The Economist, "Plain English, why we all need a lay summary".
Please read the attached elevator pitch!
I look forward to welcoming you to Sheffield in October
For further details please click on Research Study Day Information
SAVE The DATE Joint BSG and BSPGHAN symposium on on Gastrointestinal disorders in Adolescence and Effective Transition of Care
4 October 2019Sheffield Children's Hospital
Joint BSG and BSPGHAN symposium on on Gastrointestinal disorders in Adolescence and Effective Transition of Care for Paediatric and Adult trainees, clinical fellows and speciality doctors with interest in gastroenterology and Allied health care professionals with gastroenterology interest.
Venue: Sheffield Children’s Hospital Registration fee: Nominal fee will be charged
Scope of symposium: Comprising a mixture of talks, clinical case presentations with audience interaction
- Transition of young people from paediatric to adult services - Current guidance
- How to deliver developmentally age appropriate healthcare (NIHR transition research)
- A Young person and/or parents/carer’s insight care delivered in transition period
- EoE in the adolescent - Paediatric speaker, adult speaker - joint Q and A
- Eating disorder in the adolescent - Paediatric speaker, adult speaker - joint Q and A
- Commissioning transitional services - Speaker from commissioning body
- GI/Psychology interface
- Clinical case and discussion around transition – Home PN, complex neuro disability and feeding etc
- Understand the current guidance on effective transition and how transitional services can be set up and commissioned
- Gain an insight into the management of gastrointestinal conditions affecting adolescents
- Develop an understanding of the Young Person’s perspective.
Liver Unit, Birmingham Children's Hospital, 30 year celebration: SAVE THE DATE
19 March 2020 to 20 March 2020Birmingham
SAVE THE DATE: The Liver Unit at Birmingham Children's Hospital will be celebrating a 30yr anniversary from 19th to 20th March 2020, please download SAVE THE DATE flyer for more information.