Joint BSPGHAN / NIHR – Children Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Research Working Group
The Research Working Group (RWG) brings together BSPGHAN and the NIHR Children, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (GHN) Clinical Studies Group. The overall aim is to protect and improve the health and well being of children and young people through fostering research in gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition. The combined nature of the group allows us to promote and facilitate a broad range of research activities – please see our Research Strategy.
This group is represented by members of PPI, AHP and doctors. We are a diverse group that seeks to promote academic activity at every level experience. If you are interested in joining then please get in touch.
We trust that the site is a useful first port of call for many issues related to research in paediatric GHN in the UK. In particular, we hope that it is a useful starting place for trainees to begin or develop their career in research.
Please do help us to keep the information up-to-date by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with any updates or new developments. Also, please do suggest any additional areas that it would be useful to cover on the site.
David I Campbell
Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist, BSPGHAN Research Working Group Chair 2018-2021
- Dr Marco Gasparetto, Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist, Chair (2021 – 2024) e-mail email@example.com
- Julian Thomas, Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist. Deputy Chair, BSPGHAN Working Group representative, Nutrition
- Jayne Kranat, PPI Representative
- Sarah Moule, PPI Representative
- Sarah Sleet, Coeliac UK, Charity Representative
- Sarah Tizzard, Clinical Nurse Specialist for Paediatric Viral Hepatitis. Associate Health Professional Representative
- Farah Barakat, Trainee representative
- Alastair Baker, Consultant Paediatric Hepatologist. BSPGHAN Working Group Representative Hepatology
- Jo Brind, Clinical Nurse Specialist, BSPGHAN Working Group Representative Motility
- Vanessa Poustie, Assistant Director, Medicines for Children Research Network, NIHR Children
Opportunities to Train and collaborate with the Cochrane IBD Group
All members have an opportunity to work with the Cochrane IBD group through Prof Morris Gordon. Both IBD and other GI nutrition topics are available to study with a view to publication through the Cochrane Collaboration. Training courses in systematic review methodology are available. A BSPGHAN Systematic Review Fellowship prize is coming soon- details to follow. No prior experience is required, there are many ways to contribute.
If you are interested please contact Morris Gordon firstname.lastname@example.org
The charter helps outline some principles that we adhere to as a society.
Digestive Diseases Research Centers coordinate and foster interdisiplinary coordination to advance digestive research
The NIHR is the nation’s largest funder of health and care research and provides the people, facilities and technology that enable research to thrive.