Please visit https://conference.bspghan.org.uk/ for details on the Virtual BSPGHAN Annual Meeting 26th – 28th January 2021
We would like to welcome you to see the outline for the novel 2021 virtual BSPGHAN Annual Meeting.
Please register NOW for the meeting here.
2020 has been a notable year. BSPGHAN recognises the importance of our annual meeting in allowing colleagues to keep in touch. The pandemic has given us unique challenges in our commitment to delivering and hosting educational events. Dissemination of learning, and advancement of research and clinical practice, continues to be a priority. One of the spin offs from the pandemic has been the resilience of the Society in sharing learning opportunities rapidly and openly for the benefit of all.
Our trainees have led the way. The highly successful live BSPGHAN Education series speaks for itself and offers a chance to join a friendly interplay with colleagues.
For January 2021, we have arranged our annual meeting to allow these crucial aspects to continue ( & another spin off will be a reduction in our carbon footprint).
The key objective in January 2021 is to provide easy access to a meeting that appeals to all society members.
HIGHLIGHTS – NEW FOR 2021
- We have set aside a study day for Associate members
- We have two parallel half day sessions for Trainees and PEGHAN members
- Our Working Group Chairs have stepped forward to showcase research and education in clinical practice, and exchange their ideas on present and future work.
- There will be a virtual platform for posters
- A number of presenters will be given opportunity to have a short recording summarising their work for delegates.
- Look out for publication of poster abstracts from the BSPGHAN Annual meeting in Frontline Gastroenterology in 2021
We can guarantee that you will be impressed with the insights and enormous talent within our Society. This approach gives a unique opportunity for those active in their speciality areas to share ideas and develop our active, professional networks.
Uniquely, this year there will be opportunities for the groups to offer short and snappy presentations by members of the group to highlight achievements and plans for the next five years with some.
The programme, topics and speakers will reflect the strength of our groups who will showcase the priorities for patient care, the multidisciplinary strengths of our society and the collaborative links with our charitable partners. We plan to offer interactive “live” discussions and debates to continue our professional and friendly interactions.
Outline – Annual Meeting Tuesday 26th to Thursday 28th January 2021
Tuesday 26th January 2021
- Associates Study Day
- Trainees Study Session
- Paediatricians with expertise in Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
Wednesday 27th January 2021. Working Groups Showcase
- IBD Working group
- BSG Adolescent and Young Persons Group
- Motility Working Group
- Poster session
- AGM open to everyone
Thursday 28th January 2021 Working Groups Showcase
- Eosinophilic Oesophagitis
- Education and Website
- Quality Standards
- Frontline Gastroenterology
- Close of meeting
We hope that this meeting will offer the best option for all members to join in. In fact, there has never been a better time.
We have delayed the BSPGHAN Annual Meeting in Birmingham to January 2022
- Organisers – Dr Ronald Bremner & Dr Sue Protheroe Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologists, Birmingham Women’s and Children’s Hospital,
- Dr Loveday Jago, Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist, Manchester Children’s Hospital, Chair of BSPGHAN Education Group and abstract selection committee.
- Dr Kwang Yang Lee, ST8 , Bristol Children’s Hospital, Virtual platform facilitator
- Lindsay Hogg, Associates members co-chair, Principal Specialist Nurse, Liver Unit, Birmingham Women’s and Children’s Hospital
- Dr Neil McConnell, ST8, Royal Hospital for Children, Glasgow
- Dr Himadri Chakraborty, Consultant Paediatrician, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals,
BSPGHAN working Groups Chairs:
- Jochen Kammermeier
- Priya Narula
- Tassos Grammatikopoulos
- Ed Gaynor & Thankam Paul
- Eleni Athanasakos
- Akshay Batra
- Mark Beattie
- Marcus Auth
- Loveday Jago
- Peter Gillett
- John Fell
- Babu Vadamalayan
- David Campbell
Please book your study leave now.
“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met”. William Butler Yeats
We very much hope that you will enjoy and engage fully with the scientific, educational and social aspects of programme of activities to make it an interactive and enjoyable event.
Ronald Bremner and Sue Protheroe.