The final programme is now available to download Virtual Annual Meeting Programme
2020 has been a notable year. BSPGHAN recognises the importance of our annual meeting in allowing colleagues to keep in touch. The pandemic has given us unique challenges in our commitment to delivering and hosting educational events. Dissemination of learning, and advancement of research and clinical practice, continues to be a priority. One of the spin offs from the pandemic has been the resilience of the Society in sharing learning opportunities rapidly and openly for the benefit of all.
Our trainees have led the way. The highly successful live BSPGHAN Education series speaks for itself and offers a chance to join a friendly interplay with colleagues.
For April 2021, we arranged our annual meeting to allow these crucial aspects to continue ( & another spin off will be a reduction in our carbon footprint).
The key objective in April 2021 was to provide easy access to a meeting that appeals to all society members.
This approach gave a unique opportunity for those active in their speciality areas to share ideas and develop our active, professional networks.
The programme, topics and speakers reflected the strength of our groups who will showcase the priorities for patient care, the multidisciplinary strengths of our society and the collaborative links with our charitable partners. We plan to offer interactive “live” discussions and debates to continue our professional and friendly interactions.
We hope that this meeting offered the best option for all members to join in.
We have delayed the Face to Face BSPGHAN Annual Meeting in Birmingham to January 2022
- Organisers – Dr Ronald Bremner & Dr Sue Protheroe Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologists, Birmingham Women’s and Children’s Hospital,
- Dr Loveday Jago, Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist, Manchester Children’s Hospital, Chair of BSPGHAN Education Group and abstract selection committee.
- Dr Kwang Yang Lee, Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist, Bristol Children’s Hospital, Virtual platform facilitator
- Lindsay Hogg, Associates members co-chair, Principal Specialist Nurse, Liver Unit, Birmingham Women’s and Children’s Hospital
- Dr Neil McConnell, ST8, Royal Hospital for Children, Glasgow
- Dr Himadri Chakraborty, Consultant Paediatrician, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals,
BSPGHAN working Groups Chairs: (as at January 2021)
- Jochen Kammermeier, IBD
- Priya Narula, BSG and BSPGHAN Young Persons Group
- Tassos Grammatikopoulos, Hepatology and Pancreatitis
- Eleni Athanasakos, Motility
- Akshay Batra, Nutrition and Intestinal Failure
- Mark Beattie, CSAC
- Marcus Auth, EoE
- Loveday Jago, Education
- Peter Gillett, Coeliac
- John Fell, Quality Standards
- Babu Vadamalayan, Endoscopy
- David Campbell, Research
Please book your study leave now.
“There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met”. William Butler Yeats
We very much hope that you will enjoy and engage fully with the scientific, educational and social aspects of programme of activities to make it an interactive and enjoyable event.
Ronald Bremner and Sue Protheroe.