We have an amazing opportunity for a band 6 to join our team!
The Home PN team consists of two band 7 Clinical Nurse Specialists and one band 6 Nurse Specialist . The team care for a designated caseload of patients providing teaching and support to families and local hospitals as well as patients within the trust. The service provides care for patients from point of referral for Home PN training, through teaching, discharge planning and long term management/support in the community. Most referrals are from the gastro/SNAPS/BMT specialties. The complexity of the patients are varied and include psychological and social care needs to which the team have an input in gathering the right support from external agencies. The nurse led services also include clinic follow ups and keeping in contact via MyGosh.
The service allows for decreased inpatient admissions and for patients and carers to be more empowered to be in their home environment. You must have a passion and drive for maintaining good service provision.
Main duties of the job:
- To work alongside two band 7 practitioners with a defined caseload of children and families incorporating a care co-ordination remit as agreed.
- To provide effective nursing, expertise, advice and support to a team / department and ensure the provision of high quality care to children and families.
- To act as a role model and highly competent practitioner.
- To act as a designated resource to children and families, and other professionals caring for them.
- To facilitate the development of the all staff within the team.
- To promote an innovative and progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research and evidence based practice.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities:
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. Download here.